As my blogs are all about my Avon journey I thought it would be appropriate to give some tips to those starting out on their Avon journey.
- Be Reliable – I cannot stress enough how important this is, if you say you’ll collect a book on a certain day or deliver at a certain time make sure you do.
- Flexibility – If the supermarket wasn’t open when you wanted to buy your bread you’d go elsewhere, try and be flexible with your customers if they want delivery on a particular day otherwise they will choose another Rep.
- Online – Not all Reps want to open an online store but you are missing the chance to sell to new customers if they can’t find you.
- Canvass Regularly – If you have a street to cover make sure they see a brochure regularly, unless of course they have asked not to see one. Once they know you are a regular Representative they may just place an order.
- Always have a brochure – When people know your the Avon lady (or man) they may ask to see a book, make sure you have one to hand, and tell everyone you meet that you sell Avon.
- Enjoy – Enjoy what you are doing, happiness breeds happiness.
- Think – Don’t shell out all of your profits at the beginning, this about what is essential for your business. Avon paper bags are fine to make people aware you are a Rep when you are delivering and may generate extra customers but you don’t need to buy lots of banners and stands until you are seeing a decent profit.
- Be Realistic – A business like Avon takes time to build, your not going to be a millionaire overnight, but don’t give up on your dreams. Have a goal and go for it!
To join my team of Avon Representatives complete your details at http://prp.uk.avon.com/laura and i’ll be in touch